Benefits of Membership
RESOURCES AND REFERRAL
We receive bulletins, news releases, calls for entry, trade publications and newsletters from craft organizations across the country, which we have available in our office, and pass on to our members through our weekly online News bulletin and our print newsletter. We also refer countless callers and visitors to our member craftspeople with requests ranging from individual commissions, to government gift bank purchases, to corporate recognition trophies.
Craft Nova Scotia also promotes our members and their work to the news media, and responds to media requests for information on Nova Scotia craft and craftspeople.
ADVOCACY AND REPRESENTATION
We represent the interests of Nova Scotia’s craft community on a variety of boards and committees. We also lobby on behalf of craftspeople regarding proposed legislative or regulatory changes which could have an impact on their creative and/or business lives.
ADDITIONAL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Depending upon your membership category, the following benefits may be available:
- Business Insurance: Custom tailored for the small craft and visual art business, Fraser & Hoyt Insurance is pleased to offer a special insurance package to Craft NS members, including contents coverage, general liability for exhibitions, craft fairs and retail show, and shipping/transportation.
- Health Insurance Plan: We are working with The Chambers of Commerce Health Program throughout Nova Scotia for our members and have partnered with Theriault Financial Inc. and the Chambers Group Health Plan to offer you health benefits at an affordable rate. The Chambers Program is the #1 health plan for small businesses in Canada and insures over 29,000 small businesses like you offering everything from health and dental insurance to disability and critical illness all within one policy.
- Office Supplies: Group Discount with Basin Stationery and Office Supplies Ltd. Our members may receive up to a 30% discount and free delivery on office supply ordered.
- Shipping and Transport Services: Maritime-Ontario had been at the forefront of the Canadian industry through developing innovative methods of transporting freight such as their revolutionary FreightWorks system of loading palletized freight, which virtually eliminates shipment damage.
- Printing Services: Bounty Print Ltd. is pleased to offer Craft NS members bulk printing prices on orders of more than 1000 copies.
- Commercial Cleaning Supplies: Bebbington Industries supply a wide rage of environmentally responsible chemical based products to various end users requiring special needs for their business. They are happy to extend a special 15% discount on cleaning product lines carried.
- Registered Massage Therapy: Elizabeth Fougere, RMT is happy to offer a 10% discount on 1 hour massage therapy treatments to Craft NS members.
Proof of Craft Nova Scotia membership is required to benefit from these offers.