Standards / Product Assessment
Jurying is required for participation in Craft Nova Scotia markets or to obtain the distinction of Craft Nova Scotia Master Artisan. Please note you must be a Craft Nova Scotia member to have your work assessed by the Standards Committee. Jurying is undertaken by the Standards Committee, a jury of respected craftspeople representing a variety of media. Maker Members of Craft Nova Scotia, may apply to have work juried by the Committee. There are no additional fees to have your work reviewed by the Standards Committee.
To have your work assessed by the committee you will need to submit 3-6 crafted items representative of your production line or artistic direction.
If your products are diverse in media or technique, please submit several samples representative of each medium or technique.
Upcoming Assessment Dates
Please note our next sessions will be held in 2024
Please see the application form below:
- Standards Assessment Application Form
- Groups & Guilds
- Master Artisan Guideline
- Master Artisan Application Form
Please note the change in process, based on member feedback:
- Our jury process for Standards Assessment will be conducted using a blind jury process.
- Staff representatives facilitate the Standards Assessment process and present the work to Committee members
- Submissions are assessed based upon media-specific criteria available on the website.
- Identifying information is not shared with committee members as part of the assessment process.
If you are interested in submitting your work for review by the Standards Committee, please contact us at the office to reserve your place in advance at email@example.com